Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chevy VOLT: More Bad Styling from GM

I could say a lot of things about General Motors, or should I say Government Motors. And I could say a lot about all-electric vehicles and whether they are going to save the Earth. But today let me just say, today I caught my first glimpse of the long-awaited Chevy VOLT and it's just butt ugly.

What school of design to the folks at American automakers recruit from anyway? We all know the Europeans have been out-designing us for-- well, forever.  That's why advertisers boast about "European styling".  But Detroit just seems to suffer from the inability to give us something that feels fashion forward. Instead, we get the same look and feel they've been putting out since the eighties.

Ford seems to be doing a better job. But GM and Chrysler, not so much. I remember one reviewer asking if the designers of the Chrysler 300 had used a cow's head for inspiration. That's funny; and true. Now we have the Chevy VOLT. Sorry, reducing my carbon footprint and paying a hefty premium for the privilege isn't enough to justify driving this dated-looking GM product.

No comments:

Post a Comment